This hospital has a total of 370 beds, 307 for public patients and 60 for private patients, the hospitals are conveniently located within one complex, bringing health care closer to home. First class, contemporary facilities and our distinctive compassionate care are greatly contributing to a healthy future for the people in the local community and surrounding communities.
We are seeking a Consultant Psychiatrist in Adult Mental Health to look after patients and provide clinical strategic leadership for the successful delivery of admitted and non-admitted services.
Our Consultants promote patient quality and safety and provide leadership, training, supervision and education to doctors in training, Health Service Medical Practitioners and other health workers.
This position will be offered on a permanent basis, working 76 hours per fortnight. Successful applicants will be required to undertake clinical shifts as directed which may include participation on the on-call/after-hours/weekend roster.
The successful candidate will have:
- Fellow of Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatry or equivalent.
- Eligible for full registration as a Medical Practitioner with the Medical Board of Australia as a specialist in Psychiatry.
- Demonstrated substantial clinical experience in the management of high acuity patients in a complex hospital environment.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clinical leadership and facilitate effective patient centred multidisciplinary teamwork.
- Demonstrated ability to implement sustainable change to improve patient safety and reduce unnecessary delays in patient management.
- Demonstrated experience and commitment to clinical teaching and clinical research.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills with an ability to liaise effectively with patients, individuals and the multidisciplinary team.
- Current knowledge of legislative obligations for Equal Opportunity, Disability Services and Occupational Health and Safety and how these impact on employment and service delivery.
- Salary Packaging
- Flexible Work Options
- Professional Development