International Trained GPs
We have the best, high paying jobs for GPs in Australia and New Zealand.
Medipeople offers the widest choice of general practice jobs and a specialized, professional migration service to assisting you and your family with the relocation process. We have jobs in a wide variety of medical centres, private practices and other health facilities in Australia and New Zealand.
We also provide advice regarding contracts and negotiation to make sure that you secure the best deal.
If you are planning to relocate from overseas, GP work can be confusing.
As a GP thinking about relocating to Australia or New Zealand you may have considered the kind of lifestyle and work arrangements that best suit you. We are committed to getting you the very best job and can assist with:
- Fine tuning your resume and social media profile
- Finding, applying for and landing the job you want
- Contract negotiations
- Money matters
- Simplifying the immigration jungle
- Getting your qualifications and skills recognized
- Professional registration
- Professional indemnity insurance
- Securing the best financial and relocation package
The Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) and the Australian Medical Council (AMC) have recently developed the RACGP Specialist Pathway for eligible international medical graduates to achieve Fellowship in Australia. Initial verification is made through the AMC. We manage the complete end to end process on your behalf.
If you hold one of the qualifications listed below you are considered equivalent to an Australian college fellow and there is no need for further training or College examination to obtain RACGP fellowship. Other qualifications may also be considered as partially comparable but further training will be required.
Certificate in Family Medicine from College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC) + Evidence of Canadian Qualifying Examinations Part 1 + 2 post 1992
Graduate of ICGP holding MICGP membership
Fellow of The Royal New Zealand College of General Practitioners (FRNZCGP)
Fellowship of College of Family Physicians Singapore
Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners holding the JCPTGP certificate
Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners holding the post graduate Medical Education and Training (PMETB) qualification
Where are the most popular destination for GPs in Australia?
There are plenty of opportunities in Australia, especially in rural & remote areas of the outback such as mining towns and other places that hardly register as a dot on the map! These out of the way places can provide a great escape and a life outside the norm.
How do I get assessed to work as a GP in New Zealand?
Assessment is made by the Medical Council of New Zealand and the Royal New Zealand College of General Practice. There is no location restriction.
In order to work in a permanent GP position, GP’s require Vocational or Pre-Vocational registration.
If you do not hold a relevant Australasian post graduate qualification then the assessment process takes several months. Overseas trained doctors who satisfy the criteria must complete between 12-18 months supervised practice and assessment on provisional vocational scope before being considered for vocational scope.
Overseas trained GP’s may also work for up to 6 months in locum position on special purpose registration.
If you are an international GP looking for a job in New Zealand then you may be eligible for registration. If you hold one of the postgraduate qualifications listed below, meet the English language requirements and have completed at least two years vocational GP training.
- Certificate of the American Board of Family Practice
- Certificate of the American Board of Family Medicine
- Fellowship of the Royal College of General Practitioners
- Membership of the Royal College of General Practitioners
- If obtained after 30 September 2005 must be accompanied by a Certificate of Completion of Training issued by the Postgraduate Medical Education and Training Board
- Membership of the Irish College of General Practitioners
- Fellowship of the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Fellowship of the College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Certificate of the College of Family Physicians of Canada
- Fellowship of the Hong Kong College of General Practitioners
- Fellowship of the Faculty of General Practice of the College of Medicine of South Africa
- Membership of the Faculty of General Practice of the College of Medicine of South Africa
GP Locum Jobs in Australia:
We are the preferred supplier to a number of major health providers throughout Australia and New Zealand and thus have a large number of open positions. One of them is bound to be your perfect job!